- The CPCC
- Manufacturers and Importers
- Zero-Rating Program
The CPCC has established the Zero-Rating Program to permit organizations that qualify for the program to purchase media “zero-rated” or levy free. Buyers are required to be certified in advance by the CPCC and to purchase from a CPCC-authorized seller.
Who can buy media levy-free?
Following is a list of the types of organizations that can qualify to join the Zero-Rating Program as buyers:
Buyers who wish to participate must complete an online application and pay an annual fee. All applications are subject to the CPCC’s approval.
Terms of the Zero-Rating Agreement for Buyers include:
The Three Step Application process:
1) Fill in the online application (approximately 10 to 15 minutes).
2) Make payment:
3) Respond to email requests with appropriate information (applicants will be asked to verify their email address and provide faxed evidence).
4) If your application is approved by CPCC, you will receive a signed contract from CPCC, and a certificate number to be used each time media is acquired royalty free. To find out the status of your application, go to the CPCC website (https://cpcc.ca) and follow the links to “CPCC’s zero-rating program” where you will be invited to enter your temporary application number to get an update on your application’s status.
5) If your application is not accepted, you will receive an e-mail from CPCC, which will specify any deficiency(ies) in your application. If you wish to pursue the application further, you will need to provide or correct the specified information within ten business days. If no response is received from you within the ten business days, any payment you may have made will be refunded. If you wish to re-apply after the ten days have elapsed, you will need to complete a new application.
Once your application has been processed, you will be notified via email if you have been approved and supplied with your Zero-Rating Certificate Number. To make a levy free purchase, the certificate number must be presented to a registered zero-rating distributor and must be valid on the date of purchase.
For a list of registered zero-rating distributors, please click here.